Seal Stone Carving Service
Seal Stones Carving Service
A painting is not considered complete unless it bears one or more of the artist's seals. These small patches of vermilion red usually spell out the name of the artist, sometimes the name of the studio, or a statement referring to the mood or inspiration of the artist.
A seal is carved in stone by hand, which makes it virtually impossible to create an identical copy of a seal. In China, Japan and Korea, a person's seal is recognised as having the same status as their signature. Seals are made out of various materials, usually stone, but also semi-precious stones (jade, crystals), ivory, wood, etc.
Seal Stone Carving Service Process Our seal stone carving service normally comprises of 6 steps via email:
- Design of seal- you can provide your own or simply ask us to customise one for you based on either your name, initials, particular words or letters.
- Select your seal stone from our extensive range. Note down your selection in your email. There are different shape and sizes of the seal stones. The most conventional shape is square, but also available are round, oval, and other freeform shapes, like the shape of a wine gourd, etc. Round and freeform seals are often carved into rectangular shaped stones to provide control of 'orientation' when you are make the imprint on your painting or document.
- We will respond to your email to clarify your requirements.
- We will provide you with an quote for the job including postage and handling.
- Upon acceptance of the quote and 50% upfront payment, our expert technician will commmence the delicate job of carving the stone/s. This usually takes 5-10 business days.
- We will advise you once the job is complete before sending the parcel.